The main objective of this project is to investigate the feasibility of visible-light wireless communication systems using white and coloured LEDs commonly used in outdoor traffic lighting scenarios (namely, vehicle and traffic lights). To achieve this target, several research issues must be addressed:
- To characterise the outdoor optical communication channel through field measurements, including signal (LEDs) and noise sources.
- To develop theoretical models of the outdoor visible-light communication channel (emitter, propagation, receiver and noise sources).
- To analyse adequate modulation schemes adjusted for outdoor visible-light communication systems.
- To develop a system design for traffic scenarios.
- To develop an experimental prototype in order to demonstrate the utilisation of visible light in transmission systems for outdoor applications.
Main project results will be presented in targeted scientific conferences and journals and exploited to create synergies with other European partners.
|Start Date: 01-09-2007|
|End Date: 01-03-2010|
|Team: Rui Luis Andrade Aguiar, Luis Filipe Mesquita Nero Moreira Alves, António Tavares|
|Groups: Integrated Circuits – Av|
|Local Coordinator: Rui Luis Andrade Aguiar|
|Links: Internal Page|