1. In its meeting, on December 19, 2018, the Board of Directors of Instituto de Telecomunicações decided to open an international call to select a candidate for a job with activities in support and management for communication, dissemination and transfer of the research activities, done in the Instituto de Telecomunicações, in the scope of the project INTERFACE.
• Manage and Identification of opportunities for economic valorization of the knowledge produced in the Instituto de Telecomunicações at the national and inter-national level, among the IT industry, namely Intellectual property.
• Identify opportunities to finance projects in the areas of activity of the Telecommu-nications Institute, at the level of national and international funding programs.
• Contribute to the writing of proposals for research projects.
• Represent IT in the concertation forums organized to create consortia, in the pro-grams relevant for the IT activity
2. Applicable Legislation:
Labour Code approved by Law no. 7/2009 of 12 February, under its current Reading.
3. According to article 13 of RJEC, the selection panel shall be: Prof. Carlos Eduardo do Rego da Costa Salema (President), Prof. José Carlos da Silva Neves, Prof. Marcelino Pousa, Prof. Rogério Nunes Nogueira, Prof. Carlos Antonio Cardoso Fernandes and Prof. Vitor Manuel Mendes Silva as subsitute member.
4. The workplace shall be at Instituto de Telecomunicações – Pólo de Aveiro, Universidade de Aveiro, Campus de Santiago 3810-193 Aveiro, with frequent visits to the other facilities of Instituto de Telecomunicações namely in Coimbra, Lisboa, Covilhã, Leiria, Porto or others, in accordance with the requirements and needs of research projects
5. Monthly remuneration is set by article 23 (3) of RJEC, corresponding to level 33 of the Salary Table, approved by Order no. 1553-C/2008 of December 31st, i.e. 2,128.34 Euros. The salary could be negotiated according the experience of candidate.
6. Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a doctorate degree in Electrical and Computer, Engineering, physics, industrial management engineering, management, technology transfer or other related area or other related scientific area and a suitable scientific and professional curriculum may submit an applications. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
7. General tender admission requirements include those specified in the previous section and compliance with the productivity criteria in force at Instituto de Telecomunicações, (https://www.it.pt/docs/Politica_de_Qualidade_2.pdf), that must be verifiable from the candidate’s curriculum vitae.
8. According to article 5 of RJEC, selection is to be made based on the candidate’s scientific and curricular evaluation.
9. Scientific and curricular career evaluation is based on relevance, quality and up-to-dateness:
10. The five-year period mentioned above may be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, whenever the suspension of scientific activities is justified on socially protected grounds like paternity leave, long-term serious illness, and other legal situations of unavailability to work.
11. The evaluation of the scientific and curricular career has two components, namely:
i) The assessment of the curriculum vitae and other documentation presented, giving particular relevance to the contributions considered most relevant by the candidate in the last 5 years. This component of the evaluation is expressed in a scale of 0 to 20, taking into consideration:
ii) Candidates with a classification of 14 or higher in the previous component shall make a public live presentation of the results of their scientific activity and future perspectives. Following, members of the evaluation panel shall stimulate an open debate with the candidate. The evaluation of the presentation is expressed in a scale of 0 to 20 and should take into account the scientific knowledge and the capacity of communication demonstrated by the candidate, as well as the answers to the questions placed by the mem-bers of the evaluation panel.
Each panel member score is obtained by attributing a weighing factor to the following classifications:
The final classification of each candidate is obtained by the sum of the scores of the panel members divided by the number of the members of the panel. In the event of a tie, the chairperson of the panel will have the casting vote.
12. The candidates’ final classification system shall be given based on a numerical scale from 0 to 20.
13. The panel shall deliberate by means of roll-call vote justified under adopted and disclosed selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
14. Minutes of panel meetings shall be written and shall include a summary of all occurrences, all votes casted by the members and respective reasoning, and shall be provided to candidates whenever required.
15. After applying the selection criteria, the panel will prepare a sorted list of approved candidates with their classification. The panel has the right of not selecting any of the candidates.
16. The panel’s final decision shall be validated by the leader of the institution, who is also in charge of deciding about hiring.
17. Formalisation of applications:
17.1 Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of Instituto de Telecomunicações, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
17.2 Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for tender admission, namely:
a) Certificate or diploma copy, recognized in Portugal according to the law in force (just for those that had a degree obtained outside Portugal. Further informations at http://www.dges.mctes.pt);
b) Doctorate thesis;
c) Curriculum vitae, detailed and structured pursuant to sections 9 and 11;
17.3 Candidates shall submit their application files and supporting documentation on-line through the IT Job Applications Portal, following the "Apply now" link in this webpage or at the link https://www.it.pt/Positions/PostDoc/419. The submission period opens on May 04 until May 26, 2019.
18. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
19. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
20 Both admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at Instituto de Telecomunicações – Pólo de Aveiro, Universidade de Aveiro, Campus de Santiago 3810-193 Aveiro and all candidates shall be notified by email.
21. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: After notified, all candidates have 10 calendar days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
22. This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specific vacancy and can be terminated at any time up to the approval of the final candidate list. It expires with the occupation of said vacancy.
23. Instituto de Telecomunicações actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy.
24. The selection panel approved this announcement on February 12, 2019