B-0083-23 – Research Grant (BI) – 19/05/2023 – NextGenAI – 2022-C05i0102-02
|Funding Reference Number:
A research position for one Research Grant (“Bolsa de Investigação“) is open at Instituto de Telecomunicações, in the scope of the Project NextGenAI – Center for Responsible AI, funded by IAPMEI, “Programa de Recuperação e Resiliência (PRR) - Agendas Mobilizadoras para a Inovação Empresarial”, with 2022-C05i0102-02 reference.
The work is in the area of signal processing and machine learning.
Information and Data Sciences
Pattern and Image Analysis – Lx
Research grants are intended:
- for students enrolled in a degree-conferring course to carry out R&D activities with the aim to consolidate their scientific training through the development of research work leading to the attainment of the respective academic degree or completion of the course (integrated or not in R&D projects).
- for students enrolled in courses that do not confer an academic degree but which are integrated in an educational project of a higher education institution and are developed in association or cooperation with one or several R&D units.
In what concerns the admission requirements for this research grant in particular:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD;
- Master Degree in Biomedical Engineering or related areas;
- Strong knowledge in biosignal acquisition and recording, signal processing methodologies, and machine learning;
- Good programming skills preferably in Python;
- Experience in physiological signal processing, in particular Electromyography (EMG) and inertial (IMU) data;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multi-disciplinary teams;
- Good English writing skills;
- Self- motivation for scientific research.
The general objective of this research is to work in the area of physiological signal acquisition, processing, and classification, namely:
- EMG and IMU;
- Real-time programming;
- Development of supporting software and hardware tools;
- Laboratory and real-world experimentation;
- Systematic analysis and reporting of the main findings.
A fellowship will be celebrated according to “Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação”, Law no. 40/2004, dated on 18th of August (Status of Scientific Research Fellow - https://dre.pt/dre/legislacao-consolidada/lei/2004-58216179), in its actual redaction, by Fellowship Regulation of Fundação para Ciência e Tecnologia (https://files.dre.pt/2s/2019/12/241000000/0009100105.pdf), according to Reg. 950/2019, dated on 16th of December, and also by “Regulation of Instituto de Telecomunicações’ fellowships”.
|Place of work:
The work will be developed at the premises of Instituto de Telecomunicações – Lisboa, under the supervision of Professor Hugo Silva.
6 months, with the possibility of renewal (and according to the regulations defined by FCT). Start date: July 1st, 2023 or soon thereafter.
1199,64€ according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (https://www.fct.pt/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Tabela-de-Valores-SMM_2023.pdf).
The payment will be made by bank transfer.
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 40% + C2 x 50% + C3 x 10%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Results will be published at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, Lisboa. The selected candidate will be notified by email.
After the notification of the results, candidates have 10 working days if they wish to contest the decision.
Cover letter explaining the interest in the position and relevant background, detailed Curriculum Vitae with transcripts, Copy of the relevant certificates (Copy of the Degree Certificate(s), if applicable); and proof of enrollment (or proof of acceptance) in a higher education course or declaration of honour confirming that complies with the conditions to enroll in the required/preferable higher education course.
NOTE: The proof of enrollment in a higher education course must be made until the contract is signed.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If the selected candidate has a degree obtained outside Portugal, his/her degree must be certified in Portugal. For more information, see: Direção-Geral do Ensino Superior (DGES): https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt
Apply online clicking on the “Apply Now” button in this form https://www.it.pt/Positions/OtherResearchPosition/7845
E-mail submissions will not be considered. (The cover letter and the CV are mandatory documents in the online application platform)
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
22-05-2023 to 02-06-2023