B-0109-22 – Research Grant (BI) – 06/07/2022 – POCI-01-0247-FEDER-045912
|Funding Reference Number:
A research position for one Research Grant (“Bolsa de Investigação“) is open at Instituto de Telecomunicações, in the scope of the Project FLOYD - POCI-01-0247-FEDER-045912. This project is funded by COMPETE 2020 IN THE FEDER COMPONENT, and by FUNDAÇÃO PARA A CIÊNCIA E TECNOLOGIA, I.P., IN THE NATIONAL COMPONENT
Networks and Services
Networked Systems – Po
Research grants are intended:
- for students enrolled in a degree-conferring course to carry out R&D activities with the aim to consolidate their scientific training through the development of research work leading to the attainment of the respective academic degree or completion of the course (integrated or not in R&D projects).
- for students enrolled in courses that do not confer an academic degree but which are integrated in an educational project of a higher education institution and are developed in association or cooperation with one or several R&D units. In what concerns the admission requirements for this research grant in particular:
- Candidates must be enrolled in a master´s program or in a non-conferring academic degree course in the areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Informatics and Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Prior experience in advanced networking technologies and diversified programming skills are valued;
- Good spoken and written English skills;
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined;
- Capable of working independently on a multidisciplinary, international team
- Experimentally measure the network latency for cooperative perception message dissemination over different technologies;
- Experimentally measure the computation latency for video object detection and video compression on different fog and edge NVDIA platforms;
- Build statistical models for the latency components to feed a decision-making module.
A fellowship will be celebrated according to “Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação”, according to Law no. 40/2004, dated on 18th of August (Status of Scientific Research Fellow - https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/estatutobolseiro.phtml.pt), in its actual redaction, by Fellowship Regulation of Fundação para Ciência e Tecnologia (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt), according to Reg. 950/2019, dated on 16th of December, and also by “Regulation of Instituto de Telecomunicações’ fellowships”.
|Place of work:
The work will be developed at the premises of Instituto de Telecomunicações – Porto, under the supervision of Professor Ana Cristina Costa Aguiar
6 months, with the possibility of renewal (according to the regulations defined by FCT). Start date: September 1, 2022 or soon thereafter.
875,98€ according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores) / according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by Instituto de Telecomunicações. The payment will be made by bank transfer.
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 50% + C2 x 50%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Results will be published at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, Lisboa. The selected candidate will be notified by email.
Cover letter explaining the interest in the position and relevant background, detailed Curriculum Vitae with transcripts, Copy of the relevant certificates (Copy of the Degree Certificate(s), if applicable); and proof of enrollment (or proof of acceptance) in a higher education course or declaration of intention to enroll in a higher education course.
NOTE: The proof of enrollment in a higher education course must be made until the contract is signed.
Apply online clicking on the “Apply Now” button in this form https://www.it.pt/Positions/OtherResearchPosition/7626
After the notification of the results, candidates have 10 working days if they wish to contest the decision.
E-mail submissions will not be considered. (The cover letter and the CV are mandatory documents in the online application platform)
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
07-07-2022 to 05-09-2022