Research Scholarship (“Bolsa de Investigação” ) - BI/ Nº2022/00076
|Funding Reference Number:
BI/ Nº2022/00076 - FOPEComSens - PTDC/EEI-TEL/1511/20
A research position for one Research Grant (“Bolsa de Investigação”) is open at Instituto de Telecomunicações, in the scope of the Project FOPEComSens - PTDC/EEI-TEL/1511/20. This project is funded by FCT/MEC through national funds.
Optics and Photonics
Optical Devices and Sensors - Av
Research grants are intended:
- for students enrolled in a degree-conferring course to carry out R&D activities with the aim to consolidate their scientific training through the development of research work leading to the attainment of the respective academic degree or completion of the course (integrated or not in R&D projects).
- for students enrolled in courses that do not confer an academic degree but which are integrated in an educational project of a higher education institution and are developed in association or cooperation with one or several R&D units.
Candidates must be enrolled in the areas of Physics Engineering, Physics, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent. Background and experience in optical fiber devices, sensors or communications. The candidate should also demonstrate self-motivation for scientific research. The candidate needs to be enrolled in a doctoral program in the required scientific area or to be enrolled in courses that do not award an academic degree. For the latter, the proof of registration needs to be given before the contract. The candidate may attach a declaration of honor in which he meets the requirements for registration in a course that does not award an academic degree.
- Process automation regarding the fabrication of chiral long period gratings (CLPG) in polymer optical fibers through a dedicated platform;
- Development of novel optical fibre devices based on CLPG;
- Implementation of the CLPG in soft tissues for biomedical applications.
A fellowship will be celebrated according to the regulations defined by FCT, “Regulation of Instituto de Telecomunicações’ fellowships” and “Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação”, according to Law no. 123/2019, dated August 28 (Status of Scientific Research Fellow), in its actual redaction, and also by Fundação para Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P. Fellowship Regulation of Fundação para Ciência e Tecnologia. For direct access to the FCT RBI go to the following link https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt (Reg. 950/2019, published in the DR of 16 December).
|Place of work:
The work will be developed at the premises of Instituto de Telecomunicações at University of Aveiro, under the supervision of Aveiro of Dr. Ricardo Jorge Figueiredo Oliveira.
6 months, with the possibility of renewal. Start date: July 2022 or soon thereafter.
1144.64€ according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores ). The payment will be made by bank transfer.
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 40% + C2 x 50% + C3 x 10%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Results will be published at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, in Aveiro. The selected candidate will be notified by email.
• Motivation letter explaining the interest in the position;
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae with transcripts;
• Degree certificate;
• Proof of enrollment in a higher education course or declaration of intention to enroll in a study cycle leading to an academic degree or in a course that does not confer an academic degree.
NOTE: The proof of enrollment in a study cycle leading to an academic degree or in a course not conferring an academic degree must be made until the contract is signed.
Apply online clicking on the “Apply Now” button in this form.
After the notification of the results, candidates have 10 working days if they wish to contest the decision.
E-mail submissions will not be considered. (The cover letter and the CV are mandatory documents in the online application platform)
NOTICE: Degrees obtained abroad are recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution under the terms of Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16 and Ordinance No. 33/2019, of January 25. More information at: https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt/pagina/reconhecimento?plid=374
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
07-06-2022 to 04-07-2022