Research Grant ("Bolsa de Iniciação Científica") – BII Nº2022/00063
|Funding Reference Number:
BII Nº2022/00063 – 3DSplitter
One (1) research position for a Research Initiation Grant (“Bolsa de Iniciação à Investigação”) is open at Instituto de Telecomunicações, in the scope of the project 3DSplitter.
Optics and Photonics
Optical Devices and Sensors - Av
Research Initiation Grants are intended:
- for students enrolled in a professional higher technical course, undergraduate degree, integrated master's degree or master's degree, to undertake initial R&D activities, with a view to beginning their scientific training through integration in R&D projects to be developed in national institutions.
- for students carrying out initial R&D activities who are enrolled in non-degree courses integrated in the educational project of a higher education institution, developed in association or cooperation with one or more R&D units.
The candidate must be enrolled in the areas of Physics, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent. Background and experience in optical devices is a plus. The candidate should also demonstrate self-motivation for scientific research.
Simulation of light guidance in large core multimode waveguides using Comsol Multiphysics. - 3D print and test the simulated waveguides.
A fellowship will be celebrated according to the regulations defined by FCT, “Regulation of Instituto de Telecomunicações’ fellowships” and “Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação”, according to Law no. 123/2019, dated August 28 (Status of Scientific Research Fellow), in its actual redaction, and also by Fundação para Ciência e Tecnologia, I.P. Fellowship Regulation of Fundação para Ciência e Tecnologia.
For direct access to the FCT RBI go to the following link
(Reg. 950/2019, published in the DR of 16 December).
|Place of work:
The work will be developed at the premises of Instituto de Telecomunicações at University of Aveiro, under the supervision of Dr. Ricardo Oliveira.
3 months, with the possibility of renewal. This type of scholarship has a maximum duration of 1 year. Start date: May 2022 or soon thereafter.
486.12€ according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The payment will be made by bank transfer.
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 40% + C2 x 50% + C3 x 10%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Results will be published at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, in Aveiro. The selected candidate will be notified by email.
• Motivation letter explaining the interest in the position;
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae with transcripts;
• Degree certificate (if applicable);
• Proof of enrollment in a higher education course or declaration of intention to enroll in a study cycle leading to an academic degree or in a course that does not confer an academic degree.
NOTE: The proof of enrollment in a study cycle leading to an academic degree or in a course not conferring an academic degree must be made until the contract is signed.
Apply online clicking on the “Apply Now” button in this form ().
After the notification of the results, candidates have 10 working days if they wish to contest the decision.
E-mail submissions will not be considered. (The cover letter and the CV are mandatory documents in the online application platform)
NOTICE: Degrees obtained abroad are recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution under the terms of Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16 and Ordinance No. 33/2019, of January 25. More information at:
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
10-05-2022 to 24-05-2022