Posição de Comunicação e Divulgação de Ciência
|Funding Reference Number:
One position for a fixed-term work contract is opened at Instituto de Telecomunicações, in the scope of the Project UIDB/50008/2020, funded by FCT through National Funds or, when applicable, Co-funded by EU. The work for this position is in the area of Science Communication and Outreach.
• Graduation degree in Social Communication (Licenciatura em Comunicação Social), or equivalent, with a grade point average not less than 14 in a 20-scale;
• Specialization or proven skills in digital journalism and multimedia communication. Experience with science communication is a preference;
• Experience with video production and photography; good command of the usual media editing tools (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, or equivalent), contact with mass e-mail platforms such as MailChimp, as well as productivity tools (e.g Office Suite), and computer environment;
• High level of written and spoken English language skills;
• High level of proactivity to undertake the role effectively
• Presentation of a portfolio, as detailed in the Required Documents section.
The work will be carried out in a science research institute environment, with the objective to collect, prepare and disseminate internally and externally news in multimedia format about technical achievements of the researchers, events, and other aspects of the institute’s life. The candidate must have the ability to talk to researchers about their work and translate it to nonprofessional language for the news.
- Daily preparation of news for IT’s information channels (e.g. IT’s website, Facebook, Twiter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIN) using information spontaneously sent by researchers, as well as actively gathered through interviews with them (visit www.it.pt to see the type of content needed for all platforms);
- News gathering and preparation of the monthly Newsletter;
- Editing and production of outreach videos portraying IT researchers’ results, or PhD student pitches;
- Management of multimedia content for the IT internal TV channel;
- Monitoring of news, information and format coherence throughout IT’s web portal, and reporting/correction of deviations;
- Collaboration for the edition of brochures of outreach publications, interfacing with external designers and print houses;
- Creation of dedicated infographics based on data gathered from IT’ intranet;
- Interfacing with communication offices from the associated Universities, as well as external social media, participation in the monthly meetings of the communication officers of all research institutes associated with Instituto Superior Técnico.
A contract with fixed term will be celebrated according to the Law no. 7/2009 of 12 February, under its current reading – Labour Code
|Place of work:
The work will be based at the premises of Instituto de Telecomunicações in Lisbon, under the supervision of Professor Carlos A. Fernandes. Activities will require however regular visits to the other Sites of IT in Portugal, for direct contact with research and researchers in their Labs.
One year, renewable. Start date: May 15, 2021 (or soon thereafter no later than the 1st of June 2021).
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 50% + C2 x 20% + C3 x 30%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Results will be published at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, in Lisbon. The selected candidate will be notified by email.
- Cover letter explaining the interest in the position and compliance with required skills;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with transcripts;
- Copy of the Degree Certificates, including language certificates if available;
- Link for a personal portfolio of prior productions, showing clearly the candidate’s ability to write a news piece, and to produce multimedia content. Alternatively, the candidate can produce dedicated content for this application: a 1-minute video, plus 1-page news piece, as well as 1-page composition of a simulated webpage (PDF). The candidate is free to choose any topic related to science, and shall consider the general public as the intended audience. The graphical design is an evaluation factor for the three previous items. All the material must be presented in English.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If the selected candidate has a degree obtained outside Portugal, his/her degree must be certified in Portugal. For more information see:
Direcção-Geral do Ensino Superior (DGES): https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal.
No actions outside this platform are valid.
Only the candidates evaluated with (0.5 x C1 + 0.2 x C2) > 10, will proceed to the interview phase. Absence of the personal portfolio will disqualify the candidate.
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
05-04-2021 to 28-04-2021