OPEN NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL CALL TO HIRE AN INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER, UNDER THE SCOPE OF THE PROJECT JoCoNet
|Funding Reference Number:
In its meeting, held on March 15, 2021, the Board of Directors of Instituto de Telecomunicações decided to open an international call to select one Infrastructure Engineer in the scope of the project JOCONET under the scope of an indefinite term working contract, in an exclusivity regime, overseen by the legal Work Code.
Networks and Services
Telecommunications and Networking – Av
Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or similar scientific area, and a suitable scientific and professional curriculum may submit an application. In case the degree has been awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled, by the selected candidate, until the date of signature of the contract.
- The candidate will be a core team member on a ground-breaking project for a leading global provider of information and communications technology infrastructure and smart devices. The work will focus on the development of software and system building over cloud tools, creating new cloud-based network mechanisms associated to evolutions of 5G networks. The candidate must have solid knowledge of Network Function Virtualization, Software Defined Networking, Cloud-based Networks and 5G, with proven experience in implementing and deploying software components integrating with tools such as OpenStack (mandatory), OSM (mandatory), OpenFlow, P4, NPLANG and similar approaches.
- With this knowledge, the candidate will work on 5G and new 6G mechanisms integrating network and cloud computing mechanisms, with the latter supporting intrinsic procedures that usually are handled by specific network nodes or stacks. The work will explore the necessary enhancements to be done to existing virtualization and compute mechanisms, in order to support different networking procedures (from both the perspective of the network and the end-user terminals or services) in a dynamic, performant and adaptative way. The candidate will be required to study the state-of-the-art, understand the requirements of the system, and help in the design of the overall system architecture. The candidate will be required to deploy such mechanisms in conjunction with cutting-edge a commercial-graded development5G mobile network, and a national research institute-level datacenter.
We are looking for highly-motivated, team-player talented individuals, with strong development skills and keen understanding of cutting edge telecommunication networks and cloud systems.
Labour Code approved by Law no. 7/2009 of 12 February, under its current Reading.
|Place of work:
The workplace shall be at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Polo de Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro.
An indefinite term working contract
The monthly remuneration to be attributed consists of 1 618,26 Euros.
Candidates may be interviewed for clarification of any aspect related to the above criteria
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 100%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to not admit any of the candidates that applied for this position whenever they consider that no candidate meets the minimum requirements for the position.
|Communication of the results:
Both the admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at Instituto de Telecomunicações – Pólo de Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro, all candidates shall be notified by email.
- Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of Instituto de Telecomunicações, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
- Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for tender admission, namely:
* Copy of the certificate or diploma;
* Curriculum vitae.
All the selection process is conducted through the IT web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
16-03-2021 to 13-04-2021