1. Summary: By order issued by the Director General of the Telecommunications Institute on October 30, 2023, it was approved to open an international call to select one (1) researcher with a master degree in the scientific the scope of the approved project MYRIARCH - 2022.09325.PTDC, under the scope of an indefinite term working contract, overseen by the Portuguese Labour Code.
2. Job description:
• Implementation of VNF-based cross-layer translation mechanisms using programmable dataplane principles.
• Implementation of programmable dataplane principles to COTS equipment.
• Integration, analysis, and evaluation of selected use cases 4 - Attend and lead research project activities involving different partners.
• Write and deliver technical reports, deliverables, demonstrations, and prototypes.
• Write and submit scientific publications in conferences and journals/magazines.
3. Applicable Legislation:
• Labour Code, approved by Law no. 7/2009, of 12 February, in its current reading.
4. The selection panel shall be:
5. Place of Work: The workplace shall be at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Polo de Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro. , Networks and Services, Telecommunications and Networking – Av
6. Duration: An indefinite term working contract.
7. Gross Salary: The monthly remuneration to be attributed consists of 1754,41 Euros. €
8. Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a master’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering or other related scientific area and a suitable scientific and professional curriculum may submit an applications. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
9. The curricular assessment of the candidate will be based on the curriculum vitae and other presented documentation, giving particular attention namely to:
Candidates with a classification of 14 or higher in the previous component will pass to an interview phase. The classification in the interview is expressed in 0 to 20 scale and takes into account the demonstrated knowledge and capacity of communication of the candidate.
Each panel member score is obtained by attributing a weighing factor to the following classifications:
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 40% + C2 x 40% + C3 x 20%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to admit none of the candidates that applied for this position, whenever they consider that no candidate meets its minimum requirements.
10. Formalisation of applications:
Formalisation of applications:
- Applications are formalised by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of Instituto de Telecomunicações, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
- Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for tender admission, namely:
Copy of certificate or diploma;
11. Candidates shall submit their application files and supporting documentation on-line through the IT Job Applications Portal, following the "Apply now" link in this webpage or at the link https://www.it.pt/Positions/OtherContractPosition/7927. The submission period opens on October 30 until November 28, 2023.
All the selection process is conducted through the IT official web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
12. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
13. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
14. Communication of the Result: Both the admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at Instituto de Telecomunicações – Pólo de Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro, all candidates shall be notified by email.
15. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: After notified, all candidates have 10 calendar days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
16. This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specific vacancy and can be terminated at any time up to the approval of the final candidate list. It expires with the occupation of said vacancy.
17. Instituto de Telecomunicações actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy.
18. The selection panel approved this announcement on October 25, 2023