1. Summary: By order, on 30 of October 2023, of the General Director of Instituto de Telecomunicações it was decided to open an international call to select one master researcher in the scientific scope of the approved project Route 25 - C645463824-00000063, Funded By The European Union/Next Generation, PRR, under the scope of an indefinite term working contract.
2. Job description:
- Review literature and state of the art in multi-path transport;
- Get acquainted with tools and protocol implementations in the lab;
- Address bugs in existing implementation;
- Design and Implement novel algorithms for traffic splitting using machine learning approaches, e.g. weightless neural networks
- Evaluate the proposals in a minimal setup and in a larger environment, e.g. Aveiro Living Lab;
- Support wireless and multi-path transport training workshop;
- Contribute to article and report writing.
3. Applicable Legislation:
• Labour Code approved by Law no. 7/2009 of 12 February, under its current Reading.
4. The selection panel shall be:
5. Place of Work: The workplace shall be at Instituto de Telecomunicações (Delegação do Porto, Universidade do Porto - Faculdade de Engenharia, Departamento de Engenharia Eletrotécnica e de Computadores, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, s/n, 4200-465 Porto), or at any other facilities of Instituto de Telecomunicações namely in Aveiro, Coimbra, Lisboa, Covilhã, Leiria, in accordancewith the requirements and needs of research projects., Networks and Services, Network Applications and Services
6. Duration: An indefinite term working contract.
7. Gross Salary: The salary can be from 1,543,88€ to 1.754,41€, depending on the selected candidate experience. €
8. Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) holding a M.Sc degree in Electrical and Computers Engeneering, Computers Science or other related scientific area and a suitable scientific and professional curriculum may submit an applications. In case of doctorate degrees awarded by a foreign higher education institution, the degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12th of October, and all formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the deadline for application submission.
9. The curricular assessment of the candidate will be based on the curriculum vitae and other presented documentation, giving particular attention namely to:
- M.Sc. in Electrical and Computers Engineering, Computers Science or related area;
- Background on networks, with preference given to wireless networks;
- Solid programming skills, with preference to programming networking tools and/or networked applications and/or distributed systems;
- Previous experience in research is valued, with preference in the same area and valorization for IEEE or ACM articles;
- excellent communication skills with fluency in English.
Candidates with a classification of 14 or higher in the previous component will pass to an interview phase. The classification in the interview is expressed in 0 to 20 scale and takes into account the demonstrated knowledge and capacity of communication of the candidate.
Each panel member score is obtained by attributing a weighing factor to the following classifications:
Each criteria, and the final classification F will be evaluated in a scale (0-20). The candidates will be ordered according to:
F = C1 x 50% + C2 x 50%
In case of a tie, the tied candidates will be ordered according to C1, then C2...
The Jury has the right to admit none of the candidates that applied for this position, whenever they consider that no candidate meets its minimum requirements.
10. Formalisation of applications:
Applications are formalized by sending a Motivation Letter, addressed to the Board of Instituto de Telecomunicações, including this announcement identification, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
Applications shall include all supported documents, namely:
- Certificate or diploma copy*;
- Curriculum vitae.
*- The administrative verification of the recognition of doctoral degrees obtained abroad will be fulfilled for the purpose of contracting, in case of approval of the candidatures. Further information at https://www.dges.gov.pt);
Apply online clicking on the “Apply Now” button in this form.
E-mail submissions will not be considered. (The cover letter and the CV are mandatory documents in the online application platform)
11. Candidates shall submit their application files and supporting documentation on-line through the IT Job Applications Portal, following the "Apply now" link in this webpage or at the link https://www.it.pt/Positions/OtherContractPosition/7925. The submission period opens on October 31 until November 29, 2023.
All the selection process is conducted through the IT official web portal. No actions outside this platform are valid.
12. All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
13. False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
14. Communication of the Result: Both admitted and excluded candidate list and final classification list shall be posted at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Delegação do Porto, Universidade do Porto - Faculdade de Engenharia, Departamento de Engenharia Eletrotécnica e de Computadores, Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, s/n, 4200-465 Porto
All candidates shall be notified by email.
After the notification of the results, candidates have 10 working days if they wish to contest the decision.
15. Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: After notified, all candidates have 10 calendar days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 90 days, from application deadline.
16. This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specific vacancy and can be terminated at any time up to the approval of the final candidate list. It expires with the occupation of said vacancy.
17. Instituto de Telecomunicações actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy.
18. The selection panel approved this announcement on October 30, 2023