• IT and UA coordinate initiative to increase Radioastronomy knowledge in the PALOP
• Octavian Postolache nominated Outstanding Reviewer of the IEEE TIM for the second time
• COMPRESS: All Optical Data Compression
• HIPOF: Paving the way for high capacity POF based communication systems
• Where are you now? Hugo Plácido da Silva
Carlos Marques, a researcher from the Optical and Communications group of IT in Aveiro, was distinguished with the “Ouststanding Reviewer Award” by both the MDPI´s Sensors journal and the Elsevier´s Optical Fiber Technology (OFT) journal.
The Sensors Editorial Board and Editorial team justified this distinction to Carlos Marques for his “quantity, timeliness and quality of reviews in 2017”. Similarly, the OFT journal nominated Carlos Marques for this award for his “high level reviewing (both in quantity and quality)”.
Sharing with us his thoughts on the importance of being a reviewer in high impact journals, Carlos Marques said that “For me, as a researcher, it means contributing to improve papers that have an impact and deserve to be published for their innovation and scientific quality. Also, it increases my knowledge as a researcher and allows recognition for the effort in doing good research in Portugal”.
Carlos Marques is a reviewer for Sensors since 2014, having reviewed more than 30 articles. In the OFT, where he was recently invited by the journal´s Editor in Chief to be an Associate Editor, Carlos Marques has reviewed almost 50 papers since 2012