• José Bioucas elevated to IEEE Fellow
• Rui Aguiar is the new NetWorld2020 SB Chairman
• Project Snapshot: Forensic Box for Quick Network-Based Security Assessments
• A low-cost wheelchair for the “locked-in”
• Where are you now? Mohsen Koohestani
The IT branch in Leiria was recently distinguished with the 1st Award I&D+I IPLeiria “+Ciência” 2016. This annual award given by the Intituto Politécnico de Leiria distinguishes the Research Unit of IP Leiria with the most standing out performance during the past year. It takes into consideration its scientific outputs, such as indexed publications, conferences, research projects, provided services, published books and book chapters. This distinction also includes the payment of a 12-month research grant to a fellow with a master's degree in Science Management and Communication.
Sérgio Faria, the coordinator of IT in Leiria, received this distinction during the IP Leiria Solemn Opening Session of the new academic year 2016/2017, that took place at Escola Superior de Turismo e Tecnologia do Mar, in Peniche, on the last 16 of November.