• ConfTele 2019: Sailing the Oceans of Telecommunications
• Paulo André distinguished in the Universidade de Lisboa/Santander Universidades 2018 Scientific Awards
• μFlexBatt: Batteryless Energy Suply System based on Flexible Organic Photovoltaic Cells
• Tiago Morgado wins the PIERS 2019 Young Scientist Award
• Where are you now? Firooz Saghezchi
Between 8 - 12 July, IT in Covilhã and Faculdade de Engenharia – University of Beira Interior (UBI) partnered once again to organize another edition of the course “Initiation to Electronics and Telecommunications”. This yearly initiative took place within the 23rd edition of the program “Ciência Viva no Laboratório - Ocupação Científica de Jovens nas Férias”.
Designed to capture the interest of students from the 10th to the 12th grade, during this 25 hours course students had contact with the research and development being done at IT, allowing them to get in touch with some of the innovative applications of electronics and communication networks. While learning about some basic electronics and telecommunications concepts, the trainees also had more practical activities, such as kits assembling, producing printed circuits and harvesting electromagnetic energy from the environment. Besides visiting the laboratories in IT, one of the highlights of the course was a guided visit to ALTRAN.
Photo: The trainees and Prof. Fernando Velez (second from the right), during the visit to PT Data Center.