Shahid Mumtaz, a researcher from the Mobile Systems group of IT in Aveiro, was recently elected as an ACM – Association for Computer Machinery Distinguished Speaker. ACM is one of the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, delivering resources that advance computing as a science and a profession.
As presented on the ACM web page (https://speakers.acm.org/about), “The Distinguished Speakers Program of ACM brings thought leaders in academia, industry and government speaking about the most important topics in the computing and IT world today". As an ACM Distinguished Speaker, Shahid Mumtaz will be requested to give talks and speeches at colleges and universities, corporations, conferences and ACM local Chapter events.
• Mário Figueiredo receives the title of IST Distinguished Professor
• All aRound panoramic Vision for smart and secure environments
• Prototyping wormhole superabsorber
• Smart and safety coat designed by UBI and IT receives international recognition
• Where are you now? Sandra Correia