• First demonstration of optical free space quantum communications in Portugal
• Yasser Omar appointed Portuguese “Sherpa” for the European Quantum Communication Infrastructure
• RELIM: Reliable Methods to Inspect Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic Composites
• LxMLS 2019 gathers AI and ML enthusiasts from all over the world
• Where are you now? Caroline Conti
Composed of students from the MSc in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering of the University of Aveiro (UA), the “Know Antenna” team reached the 2nd place in the 2019 IEEE AP-S Student Design Contest, of the IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting, held in Atlanta, USA, between 7-12 July.
Francisco Pinto, Guilherme Maniezo, Tânia Ferreira (3rd year students), Lucas Leitão e Manuel Neves (4th year), under the supervision of João Matos and Armando Rocha (both from IT/UA), took to Atlanta an equipment designed to demonstrate, in an accessible way, the properties of a radio-wave antenna (transition element between the electronic circuit and the air, a transmitter and between the air and the electronic circuit in a receiver) to an audience with no previous knowledge in the field.
This is a low budget (in terms of components) measurement system that can be adapted for classes or Science demonstrators.
On the photo (from left to right): Guilherme Maniezo, Tânia Ferreira, Lucas Leitão, Manuel Neves and Prof. João Matos