The Radio Systems Lab at ISCTE-IUL is equipped for:
- Satellite communications with two stations, for both transmission and reception, one at Ku band with a fixed satellite dish antenna of 1.8m diameter and another one operating at VHF/UHF band with motorized antennas for communication with moving satellites such as LEO.
- Development and evaluation of high precision satellite navigation receiving systems.
- Channel propagation measurements for indoor and outdoor environments.
- Intensive simulations for assessing the performance of radio communication systems.
- Development, assembly and testing of small aerial, terrestrial and aquatic vehicles as well as other radio-connected embedded systems.
The Lab is able to fabricate prototype boards using a printed circuit board milling machine and has several electronic testing and measurement instruments (multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, spectrum analysers, field analysers).