Aveiro Tech Week – 4th Edition is just around the corner, taking place from October 2nd to 8th, offering a diverse range of activities throughout the city of Aveiro.
IT jointly with Aveiro Tech City, Altice Labs, Bosch Portugal, Universidade de Aveiro, and others, will be at Aveiro Tech Week with lots of technological proposals and challenges.
We will present a technological demonstration in the heart of the city, showcasing an autonomous mobility scenario by integrating IT's system into a Ceiia vehicle (October 2).
We will have two workshops covering topics such as Autonomous Mobility, Technological Free Zones, National Test Beds Networks, Cybersecurity for SMEs, and Artificial Intelligence, namely, we point out the "Cities: Open Data and Cybersecurity," and “Route25 - Agenda Mobilizadora para a Mobilidade Autónoma, Inteligente, Interoperável e Inclusiva”, in which our researcher Susana Sargento is moderator and speaker (October 2).
We will have the presentation of Aveiro's Free Technological Zone (ZLT), and the “Let’s Hack this City” Hackathon (Challenge 3) powered by Aveiro Tech City Living Lab and Pedro Rito (October 2-4).
Here are just a few of the event's offers because there are many more exhilarating experiences.
For full information, the Aveiro's Tech Week'23 website: More Information..
The chairs Chairs Daniel Corujo, senior researcher at Instituto de Telecomunicações and University of Aveiro, Portugal, and Håkon Lønsethagen, Telenor Research, Norway are inviting submissions to the Special Session at the IEEE 9th World Forum on Internet of Things.
Like 5G before, 6G is being heralded as the most immersive capable communications architecture to be developed in the coming years. To support this, we have seen impressive displays of potential directions, technological advances, essential performance (and value) indicators, standards evolution, and partnerships being established to foment policy-making and research. Additionally, 6G can also pave new ways for a more streamlined experience, by more tightly coupling other kinds of network access such as Non-Terrestrial Networks, and by enabling radical new ways for communications in complex environments, such as maritime communications. But what does that mean for IoT? What will be the key enablers, the new scenarios and business opportunities? Will the enhancements allow the full-fledged realization of an enhanced cyber-physical world or just another incremental step towards such a vision? How do new worldwide concerns, such as environmental footprint, impact new technological designs? And what of IoT applications: what have key players learned from the radical changes by 5G, and which new requirements would they imprint over 6G? GROWS (6G-empoweRed iOt netWorkS) is a Special Session at 2023’s WFIoT, aiming to contribute with a concrete, holistic, multi-stakeholder vision on what 6G really means for IoT, by presenting new results, discussions, and prospect plans from different professionals from the full range of value chain.
GROWS will be looking for papers addressing the following:
- Efforts towards 6G standardization for IoT
- Proposals for 6G enhancements for radio, RAN, and core targeting IoT
- Seamless interconnection with non-terrestrial networks and mobile networks in IoT deployments, considering 5G outcomes and 6G prospects
- Proposals for new 6G-enabled architectures and their expected contribution/impact on IoT
- The contributions of supportive/complementary technologies such as virtualization, cloud, AI/ML, edge, federation, and others, for IoT-based scenarios
- Characterization and assessment of new IoT scenarios and industries enabled by 6G-capable IoT
- Comparison between the outcomes achieved by 5G-enabled IoT, and the prospects expected from 6G
- Evolution techniques and solutions for evolving 5G deployments towards 6G
- Energy-efficiency and sustainability aspects for 6G-enabled IoT
- Lessons learned from 5G-enabled IoT deployments and further requirements for 6G enhancements
- Contributions of 6G for maritime IoT-based scenarios
- Industrial vertical areas certification and regulation impact in upcoming 6G solutions
- Deadline for Paper Submissions: July 9th, 2023
- Acceptance Notification: July 31st, 2023
- Deadline for Camera-Ready Paper Submissions: August 20th, 2023
- Deadline for Presentation Submissions: September 25th, 2023
(please submit towards Special Session with ID Spes-05)
Paper elaboration instructions:
For full info, please visit the website URL of the conference: