7-9 November 2007, Lisbon, Portugal
Picture Coding Symposium (PCS) is an international forum devoted specifically to advancements in visual data coding. Since 1969, PCS has provided the meeting place for the visual coding community: industry, research, academia and users.
The day before, 6 November, a Workshop on ''Recent Advances in Distributed Video Coding'' will be organized (free registration at
http://www.discoverdvc.org/Workshop.html). In this workshop, recent developments on distributed video coding will be presented by the most prominent experts in the field.
** Important Dates:
- June 1, 2007 Submission of special sessions
- June 10, 2007 Submission of extended summaries
- September 3, 2007 Notification of acceptance
- September 21, 2007 Submission of camera-ready papers
** Invited speakers
- H.264/AVC and its Extensions: How Close is this Family?
by Anthony Vetro, Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs, USA
- DCT, Wavelets and X-lets: The Quest for Image Representation, Approximation and Compression
by Martin Vetterli, EPFL, Switzerland and UC Berkeley, USA
- Efficient Representation of Sound Images: Recent Developments in Parametric Coding of Spatial Audio
by Jürgen Herre, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (IIS), Erlangen, Germany
- From Picture Coding to Image Understanding: Finding the Object of Interest
by Tsuhan Chen, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Distributed Video Coding: Trends and Challenges
Chaired by Touradj Ebrahimi, EPFL - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- Multimedia: a World of Possibilities or just a Buzzword ? Chaired by Alan Hanjalic, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Video Content Protection: Does it Really Matter?
Chaired by Edward J. Delp, Purdue University, USA More Information..