IT provides IT staff and students with excellent working facilities, both offices and laboratories:
- Two independent 2000 m2 buildings each in Aveiro;
- A workspace of 500 m2 integrated into the building of the Department of Electrical Engineering in Coimbra;
- A workspace of 1600 m2 in the North Tower of the IST campus in Lisbon;
- A workspace of 300 m2 in the campus of the Universidade da Beira Interior in Covilhã;
- A workspace of 400 m2 in at the Faculdade de Engenharia and at the Faculdade de Ciência da Universidade do Porto;
- A workspace of 250 m2 at the premises of ISCTE - Instituto Universitário de Lisboa;
- A workspace of 250 m2 at the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
Offices and student premises are fully equipped, and local area networks interconnect all computers from all research centres providing access to the Portuguese Academic Network (RCCN) and from there to the Web.
IT laboratories and workshops are equipped to provide researchers with ample experimental support.