WITS - Wireless Information - Theoretic Security
The WITS project is centered around the following key objectives:
- Scientific goals: devise a rigorous theoretical framework for understanding and evaluating the fundamental security
limits of large classes of wireless networks with multiple communicating peers and potential eavesdroppers and
provide solid guidelines for the design of physical-layer based security architectures;
- Technical goals: Develop secure communication protocols for medium access and networking that take advantage
of security mechanisms at the physical layer in order to guarantee multi-layer security, and evaluate their impact on
real-life wireless networks and protocols;
- Social-economic goals: provide a technical solution for the security problem in wireless networks. Inform local
companies of the potential behind physical-layer security technologies.
- Education goals: attract the brightest students for a career in R&D, use the developed wireless security tools for lab
training and public demonstration.
||WITS - Wireless Information - Theoretic Security
||João Francisco Cordeiro de Oliveira Barros; Rui Costa; Gerhard Maierbacher ; João Paulo Vilela; Paulo Oliveira; Miguel Raul Dias Rodrigues
||João Francisco Cordeiro de Oliveira Barros
Project associated publications:
- Valadas, R.; Salvador, P.; Traffic Management and Traffic Engineering for the Future Internet, , Springer, New York, 2009.
- Pereira, F.; The MPEG-21 Book, I. Burnett, F. Pereira, R. van de Walle, R. Koenen, John Wiley & Sons, London, 2006.
- Salema, C.; Fernandes, C. A.; R. K. Jha; Solid Dielectric Horn Antennas, , Artech House, Boston, 1998.
- Fernandes, C. A.; "Shaped-Beam Antennas" - Chapter in Handbook of Antennas in Wireless Communications, Lal Godara, CRC Press, New York, 2002.
Papers in Journals
- Silveirinha, M.; Medeiros, C. R.; Fernandes, C. A.; Costa, J.R.;
"Resolving subwavelength objects with a crossed wire mesh superlens operated in backscattering mode", New Journal of Physics, Vol. 13, No. 053004, pp. 1 - 14, May,2011.
Abstract | Full text (PDF 1177KB) | BibTex
Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Carvalho, N.B.C.; Pedro, J. C.;
"A Fast Spectral Balance Method for Non-linear Circuit Simulation in the Frequency Domain", Proc USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Bilbao, Spain, Vol. 1, pp. 587 - 590, June, 1998.
- Fernandes, C. A.; Barbosa, A.;
"Complex Wave Radiation of a Sheath Helix Excited in the n=1 Modes", Proc IEEE Mediterranean Electr. Conf. - MELECON , Madrid, Spain, Vol. 3, pp. 157 - 160, October, 1985.